Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Devil's Millhopper - Photo Scan

Devil's Millhopper - Photo Scan

November 26, 2003. Devil's Millhopper, near Gainesville, Florida.

Going through some of my old photos that I had scanned a couple years ago, I came across this shot taken almost a decade ago at Devil's Millhopper Geological State Park near Gainesville, Florida.

The Devil's Millhopper is a deep sinkhole a couple hours north of Orlando. It's not on many tourist maps, but it should be.  The special conditions here give it a rainforest appearance year-round, and it hosts some unusual plant species that aren't normally found in Florida.

It's not a street shot, and it's not a particularly clear shot. It does make me want to go back to the Millhopper to shoot again sometime soon, and it makes me appreciate just how much I learned using that old Pentax ZX-7 film camera, not knowing whether my shot was good until I got my prints back from the lab.

Pentax ZX-7 35mm film, unknown settings. Print scanned using a Kodak s1220 Photo Scanner. Scanned photo had mild processing done in LR 2 to compensate for fading over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment