Thursday, January 19, 2012

Peanuts and Cracker Jack

Peanuts and Cracker Jack

May 15, 2007. Peanuts and Cracker Jack.

I'm still catching up from the 2012 International CES in Las Vegas, so I decided to do a quick look for old shots in my library that captured something special about Orlando.

I've also been missing baseball terribly. Watching non-Florida NFL teams and basketball does nothing for me.

That's when I came across this May 15, 2007 shot taken at Walt Disney World's ESPN Wide World of Sports, right before the first Major League Baseball game ever played in Orlando.

The Tampa Bay Rays (still the Devil Rays back then) won the game and went on to sweep the three game series against the Texas Rangers.

The seats that my wife, father, and I had for this game were extra special. They were in the same section from which my wife and I used to watch the Minor League AA Orlando Rays play on our weekly dates when we first got married.

So this photo goes up, looking forward to the upcoming Rays season, and looking forward to the return of baseball to Orlando someday.

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS. 1/100. f/4.0. LR 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment